Monday

The Flying Dutchman

AKA: Andrea Rieu

Last night, my friend, Lou, took me with her to see Andrea Rieu and his orchestra.
Admittedly, it has been a very long time since I have seen an orchestra in concert, and never professionally.

But last night was amazing and fun. If you've never heard of Andrea Rieu, check PBS for the next time his concert airs. The crowd was very entertained, and I think even my Beloved, who doesn't get into classical music, would have loved this.

Of course, the best part for us Americans was when they played America, The Beautiful, but toward the end they played a Central American tune, that I did not know, but their were some Mexicans in the audience and they quite enjoyed it.

It was so great to sit their, listening to this wonderful, moving music, and not think about chores at home. They had The Three Tenors, and The Three Sopranos, and it made me long for the days when I sang on stage.

Andrea Rieu made a statement last night that I think I shall never forget. He said something like A musician can only fully express his (/her) love through music. I think I agree with that, and it explains why I struggle in times when I am not singing.

I love to perform on stage, and I love to worship God while doing it. I love to see the crowd come closer to God through the music. I love to see people changed as I sing, to see their hearts moved toward God, to see their hardness break. I love to be used by God to bring peace into someones life, to heal a broken heart, to give God's love to someone.

Oh, how I miss the stage. How I long to be a part of a choir or praise team.

Lord, give me strength to wait for your perfect timing.

The orchestra, and The Three Sopranos, also played/sang: I Could Have Danced All Night, from My Fair Lady, and Don't Cry for Me Argentina, from Evita. It was a wondrous time, and I shall not soon forget it.

No comments: