Friday

Ethan's Birth Story (Part One)

Ronnie and I had been married four months when we learned of our first child. His due date was June 29, 1999, just two days after our 1 year anniversary.

Morning sickness for me was mild. Only nausea and fatigue for the first trimester. Then, like a magic switch, I felt great!

Things were sailing along. We had our first appointment with our midwife, Lynn Jett, and all systems "go." I made a trip to my parents house while Ronnie was gone to South Padre Island for Beach Reach. While I was there, my sister had a nice little conversation with my unborn, "Hey, you in there, hurry up and come out! We want to meet you!"

Looking back at the photos from that time, it was obvious that something wasn't right.

Back at ETBU, Ronnie and I were called to the deans office. Seems as 'on-campus' residents, we could not have a home birth. With that realization, and with much prayer, Ronnie and I felt God leading us to find a doctor. We asked around and found Linda Boggs, a nurse practitioner in Longview.

On April 6, 1999, we had our 28 week ultrasound. IT'S A BOY!

I would post a photo of me from that Spring Break, but I can't find it.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Hi the answer to your question is, No, I do not have any other issues than the fever, until today that is. You can read my blog for an update.

knighton said...

I remember telling him to hurry up. I just never thought he'd take me seriously.

Ethan's still in a hurry! ;-)