Saturday

Ethan's Birth Story (Part Two)

We decided on the name Ethan Grant. Both names mean strength, or strong. We didn't know that was a foreshadowing of what would come next.

April 12, 1999, Ronnie and I went for a walk around the block. We probably walked for about 30 minutes to an hour. The weather was beautiful, and I felt great, just really swollen.

April 13, 1999, I awoke with a severe headache, unlike anything I'd ever had before or have ever had since. My vision was so blurry, I could not make out the numbers on my digital alarm clock.

I had been baby sitting a little girl and, not feeling well, I called her mom to see if I could keep her at out apartment. She agreed and brought Chloe over for the day.

Just after putting Chloe down for her first nap, I called Linda's office. I explained the headache and blurred vision to her nurse Becky, who told me to come in as soon as possible to check my blood pressure. I told her it might be later that afternoon when Ronnie was home from student teaching.

Then it happened. I turned around and saw my eyes in the mirror. The whites of my eyes were so swollen, I could actually see them 'ripple' between my eyelid and the colored portion of my eye.

I started crying and called Chloe's mom to come get her. I then called the Jr. High, where Ronnie was, and told him to come get me for the doctors office.

3 comments:

Michawn said...

that's horrible...and totally freaks me out about your eyes. eeeesh. so glad y'all are ok today.

Anonymous said...

This is soo interesting. We were hanging out much around this time, so I never got the whole story..sorry it was such a trying time, but so overjoyed to know everything came out wonderful. God has been good to us, concerning these kiddos, hasn't He!!
love ya

Anonymous said...

I meant to say we WEREN'T hanging out much..that would be weird if we WERE hanging out and I still didn't know much..need to doublecheck more before I post!!