Thursday

Pads

(aka: diaper inserts)
I made these for the inserts for my pads, whenever that time comes, and then realized how perfectly sized they are for inserts in a newborn cloth diaper! Dual purpose! Whenever Sofia is too big for them, I'll be able to use them for my menstrual pads.
I made them from a pattern from www.diapersewing.com.
I am quite proud that I didn't even get the slightest bit angry with the sewing machine tonight.

FYI: These pads are made from flannel receiving blankets. They are 8 inches long and 3 inches (or so) wide. You could customize them for your own personal needs. I'm planning on making some larger for the toddler boy!

1 comment:

Michawn said...

Oh girl, you are on a roll. I've seen these "mama cloths" around, but gosh...I hate pads. Granted, I've only had 2 light periods in 5 years (ha ha ha...the advantages of staying pregnant), but I can't imagine anything other than a tampon. I guess these would be good on the super light flow days when all I use is a small pad or pantyliner (from what I remember anyway...seriously, it's been so long). :) Anyway, super cool how resourceful you are becoming. I am taking note of your ideas.