Wednesday

Y.M.C.A.

Here I come!

Last night, after supper, we loaded up the family and took the long drive to the Y.

We were able to apply for financial assistance, or else we would be paying more than we can afford. The pay scale is based on 2 parents, with children and a certain income. The financial assistance takes into account the number of children you have.

For instance: A two parent household with one or more children, making $50,000 a year would pay $67 a month.
That's great if you only have 1 or 2 children, but with a family of 7, $67 makes a big dent in the budget, not to mention the amount of gas you'll be spending to get there.

So, with a recent pay cut, trying to get out of all debt/student loans, we applied for the 'scholarship'. We should know within the next two weeks if we get it or not.
In the mean time, we have a guest pass, that works just like a membership. I can do all the things a member can do, while we wait for the scholarship.

I could hardly get to sleep last night thinking about going to work out today. The locker room even has a dry sauna! Be still my heart!

I'm so excited! I can work out, sit in the sauna for a few minutes, shower, fix my hair and makeup, all while the children are safe in the Child Watch area. I'm so excited!

Did I mention I am excited?

Photo: Today, March 26, 2008

3 comments:

Michawn said...

I'm so excited for you Leah. I'll be right there with you in a few weeks, working to get the extra pounds off. Have you seen Amanda's exercise blog? You should join and we can all do it together, motivating and encouraging each other.

knighton said...

So proud of you!

Steph said...

yeah! another workout junkie! so proud of you! it is hard work. i am going the "workout at home" route. there's no way i would get in the car and drive somewhere. i've tried it and it didn't work FOR ME! keep it up. even when you're not losing as fast as you want...like me right now...keep on.

now we can encourage each other.